I am a Pottery Barn junkie! I get excited when the new catalogue comes in the mail every. . .single. . .time! I, unfortunately, am not a millionaire, or even a thousandaire for that matter, and do more Pottery Barn shopping in my mind than in real life! With all that being said, a few of weeks ago I came across this adorable display on the Pottery Barn Kids website. Now, even though Fall is my FAVORITE time of the year, I am more of a harvesty. . .burlapy. . .gordy kind of decorator as oopposed to a Halloween kind of gal! Diva, I know!
But. . .when I saw these I just HAD to have them to work into my decor! When I saw the $9.00 price tag though, I decided that I could probably make my own!! Imitation is the best type of flattery right?
So, I set out to make some fake Pottery Barn Bats!
From Hobby Lobby I purchased the following supplies:
* Glittered black sheets of felt (1 sheet made 3 bats)
* Glittered white sheets of felt (1/2 sheet made 4 stars)
* Roll of 10 g Cotton Perle embroidery floss
* Small bottle of Sobo Premium Craft and Fabric Glue
From the Internet:
* I enlarged the above photo until I had the bats the size that I wanted them. I then printed out the picture and cut out the bats to use as my templates.
From my own pool of resources:
* I have a die cut machine at the school I work at so I found the perfect size star, cut it out on a piece of scrap paper, and used it as a template.
I'm thinking that telling you how to assemble the bats would be a waste of my time since I am confident that you are all smart people!!! In a nutshell I. . .cut out the bats and the stars. . .cut my string to length and glued everything together. I then stuck them under a few really heavy books until the glue dried! I did make my bats double sided so they look the same from both sides as they twirl around. . .and it made them really sturdy. . .and it was an excellent way to hide the string! Three bats. . .one stone! Bam!
What do you think? Pretty close right? My cost? About $3.00! And, I still have enough supplies to make 3 more bats!
Next up to create. . .Pottery Barn Garden Wine Bottle Basket !
I'll keep you posted!