4.24.2013

Healthy Greek-Gluten Free-Pasta Salad

I have a love hate relationship with work pot-lucks. . .I LOVE food and I love to eat!  I LOVE to try new foods and. . . I LOVE not having to pack my lunch one day per month!  Unfortunatley, I HATE not knowing what ingredients people use in their dishes.  I HATE that my mind gets the best of me wondering how clean people's kitchens are when preparing the food and. . . I HATE that I usually end up with a plate of veggies and fruit because I can't get past the previous things that I mentioned that I hate about pot-lucks!

Wow!  Crazy much?  Yep. . .that's me!  I decided that the best solution to this portion of my insanity is to always bring something healthy, that I know that I like!  After all, I know how insanely clean my kitchen is!  Enough about my OCD, lets talk about food!  Tomorrow, my portion of the pot-luck menu consists of the following:

Healthy Greek Pasta Salad - Gluten Free

Ingredients

  • Box of some type of gluten free pasta ( we like Ancient Grains quinoa pasta).  There are tons of different gf pastas out there.. . .just use what you like!  If you are not worried about making this dish gluten free, you can use a box of your favorite pasta!
  • Carton of low sodium chicken broth
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 cup ( or more) of sliced, quartered cucumber
  • 1/2 cup halved cherry or graphic tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
  • 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup, fat- free, feta cheese


Directions


In a medium pot, bring contents of chicken broth carton (approx. 4 cups) and 2 cups of water to a rolling boil.  Add a pinch or 2 of salt if desired.  Cook pasta until al-dente or until desired tenderness.  Be careful when you are cooking gluten free pasta.  Some gf pastas can get mushy if you cook them even 30 seconds longer than suggested cooking time!  Drain pasta and set aside to cool.

While pasta is cooling, start chopping your veggies!  In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and red onion.

To make your dressing, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.

Add cooled pasta to your bowl of mixed veggies.  Slowly drizzle dressing over the pasta veggie combo, and stir to coat everything in the bowl.

Finally, add in the feta cheese and toss a few times to lightly distribute the feta throughout the bowl!

Refrigerate until ready to serve and don't forget to SHARE!

3 comments:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. cheap forskolin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. Health List

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post, keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this! Suplementy

    ReplyDelete