Wow! Crazy much? Yep. . .that's me! I decided that the best solution to this portion of my insanity is to always bring something healthy, that I know that I like! After all, I know how insanely clean my kitchen is! Enough about my OCD, lets talk about food! Tomorrow, my portion of the pot-luck menu consists of the following:
Healthy Greek Pasta Salad - Gluten Free
- Box of some type of gluten free pasta ( we like Ancient Grains quinoa pasta). There are tons of different gf pastas out there.. . .just use what you like! If you are not worried about making this dish gluten free, you can use a box of your favorite pasta!
- Carton of low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup ( or more) of sliced, quartered cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved cherry or graphic tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup, fat- free, feta cheese
In a medium pot, bring contents of chicken broth carton (approx. 4 cups) and 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add a pinch or 2 of salt if desired. Cook pasta until al-dente or until desired tenderness. Be careful when you are cooking gluten free pasta. Some gf pastas can get mushy if you cook them even 30 seconds longer than suggested cooking time! Drain pasta and set aside to cool.
While pasta is cooling, start chopping your veggies! In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and red onion.
To make your dressing, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add cooled pasta to your bowl of mixed veggies. Slowly drizzle dressing over the pasta veggie combo, and stir to coat everything in the bowl.
Finally, add in the feta cheese and toss a few times to lightly distribute the feta throughout the bowl!
Refrigerate until ready to serve and don't forget to SHARE!