3.04.2010

Where I was, is where I've been. . .

I know, I know, I know. . .I've been missing for quite a long while.  Truth is, I've know where I was all along.

I've been working.  Yes, working.  This stay at home Mom is now gainfully employed. 

If you follow me on Twitter, I tweeted at the end of September 2009 that my husband injured his back at work.  He herniated a disk to be exact.  At that point we had no idea when he would be returning.

I decided to apply to be a substitute teacher at the grade school that Jared and Connor attend.  I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to make a bit of extra cash while Chuck was home to watch Nolan, plus, I would be with the oldest boys all day.  Instead of a stay at home Mom, I was a stay at school Mom!  Perfect!

I was hired by Triumph Academy in the beginning of November.  I LOVED it!!!!!!  They were keeping me very busy!  I was subbing 3 to 4 days per week!  I honestly had found my dream job!

Then, right around Thanksgiving, another opportunity at the school presented itself.  One of the school secretaries was out on a medical leave and would not be returning for the remainder of the 2009 / 2010 school year. The catch?  It was a full time thing. . .Monday thru Friday. . .40 hours per week.

After discussing it with Chuck and the boys, I decided to jump on the opportunity.  Guess what???  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

Chuck is still home. . .still recovering and playing Mr. Mom.  It's funny how the roles have suddenly reversed.  Chuck still is not sure just how long he will be off, but he is healing.  He has to be 100% before he can return to his physically demanding position.  He is currently only about 25%.  He has been offered a General Foreman position if his company wins the bid on a HUGE job starting early April.  If that is the case, he will be in an administrative position and therefore not need to be engaged in the physical, demanding labor that has been his career thus far.  Please say a prayer that this works out for him.  Although he is still receiving 80 some odd percent of his weekly pay, it would be really nice for everything to be back to normal. 

If he does return to work in early April, please say a prayer that we can find the perfect person to watch Nolan until the school year is over.  I have been fine up to this point being in the work force because Nolan has been at home with Daddy.  It might be really hard for me to adjust to someone else watching my baby.  Please pray that all will be according to God's perfect plan!

Needless to say, I have neglected my blog while trying to adjust to working life.  As much as I love my job, it has been VERY hard for me to let go and release control of things at home.  Home has been my "job" for so long.  I'm a perfectionist of sorts. . .I had a place for everything and a particular way that things got done.  Now, Chuck does most of the home duties.  I got irritated at the beginning when I would find Jared's clothes in Connors closet, or find my dishes put away in the wrong cupboard, or look in the linen closet to find the towels folded in half and not in thirds.  Then I realized that Chuck wasn't me.  He was Daddy.  He was the other person that was thrown for a loop in this past 5 months.  He is doing the best that he can! 

Guess what. . .the towels still fit in the closet when folded in half. . .Jared now looks in Connor's closet when he can't find something he know he owns. . .I now look in the plate cupboard when I need to get a storage bowl for leftovers. . .and life goes on. . .Chuck style!!!!

So, even though you might have thought that I was missing. . .I was here all along. . .trying to grasp the control that I thought I was losing.  I'm back now though. . .I've missed you all!  I hope you are ready to join me again on my road trip!!!!

Always take the road less traveled,

       Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment