6.30.2009

A few of my Favorite Things - Beauty Edition

When the dog bites. . .and the bee stings. . .when I'm feeling sad. . .OH, sorry, I got a little carried away. . .on to the things that make me so pretty! Hahaha hehehe hohoho!

I am a very picky person. Not picky in the sense that I have constant leg stubble because I don't shave my legs and my armpits every day (because I totally do - TOTALLY - I am really weird about shaving EVERY DAY - I even shave every morning while camping). Sorry, off on a tangent again. . .

Picky, Picky, Picky, ah yes. . .now I'm back on track.

I have kissed many a beauty frog, to find just the right products worthy to grace my linen closet, medicine cabinet, underneath labyrinth of my bathroom cabinet, purse, etc. Below are some of the items that I deem worthy to make out with daily. . .get it. . .make out with. . .you know. . .kissing a beauty frog. . .like the frog enough to make out with it. . .oh, you guys are hopeless!

Anyway. . .make sure you check back here often as I will be updating this section as I find more frog humping worthy products. . .hehehehehe, hahahah! I will even be holding product giveaways now and again! For easy access to this, and other My Favorite Things posts, just click on the link on the left hand sidebar! Now, on to my beauty arsenal. . .



Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse. I am a totally bouncing babe with this product (thanks Herbal Essence for that little conundrum). I have naturally curly (OK frizzy) hair. There is nothing I hate more than using a product that makes my hair stiff and crunchy. Something about the words crunchy hair make me gag. Anywho, it holds phenomenally, while forming, bouncy, natural looking curls, plus it smells yummy too! Did I mention that when I rinse it out in the shower every morning, it turns silky. . .like a conditioning rinse! Oh yeah baby! PLEASE Herbal Essence. . .you must make this product FOREVER! Afro's are so unbecoming on me!!


Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker. Please allow me just a moment to bow my head and my lips to this heavenly treasure of greatness. . .OK, thank you! I read an article once that said you can't get addicted to your chap stick, what you do get "somewhat addicted" to is the way that your lips feel with the chap stick on them. WHATEVER the addiction stipulations. . .I am hooked! You must understand that I once lived on Dr. Pepper soda pop. It was my drug. . .my lifeblood! It also contributed to the fact that I was 50 some lbs. overweight. Wanna see? Go here. So, part of my weight loss regimen, was kicking the Dr. to the curb. I mourned for days, weeks, months, a year and a half (currently still working through the mourning process). Then. . .then. . .I found love in a stick! This school girl lip smacker has the perfect yummy flavor and the exact amount of tint for my everyday comings and goings. I have tubes all over the house, van, my purse, the neighbors, my parents, etc. You just never know when the urge will hit! I tried to eat it once, in a desperate diet moment, however I wouldn't recommend it. . .leaves a crazy red film on your teeth. . .plus, you won't poop for a week!!! Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker + my lips = perfection!


Dove Extra Hold Non-Aerosol Hair Spray. Don't you just love what Dove does for the self-esteem of women? Their Campaign for Real Women is awesome! This Dove Hair spray is a perfect mate for the mousse that I use. Different companies, I know, but the results are VERY similar. It conditions and leaves my curls soft and natural, not crunchy (gag - gag - gag). Plus, it brings out the real woman in me! OK, maybe that's a stretch, but it does smell purty!



Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer. Throughout many a year in my life I struggled with two problems (OK, seriously, many more than 2 problems for those of you that know me, but I'm talkin' skin problems here people). One. . .dry face. . .and two. . .breakouts caused from the moisturizers that I would use to combat the dryness. It was a vicious, vicious circle. I had to face the fact (get it. . .face. . .ha ha ha) that I would either be flaky or zitty. . .neither of which seemed appealing! After doing some research, I found that the mineral oil most companies put in their facial moisturizers was the culprit. Apparently, mineral oil is a cheap filler that sounds sophisticated and beautiful. NOT! So, I set out to find a good moisturizer minus the mineral oil. Honestly, how do you people know that I am lying again. . .actually, I told CJ (my adoring husband) about my findings and he set out to find something for me! In my stocking, Christmas Eve, I pulled out the best moisturizer that I have ever used (thanks you hunka, hunka, man). Now, I am no longer dry or zitty! Beauty I tell you. . .beauty!

1 comment:

  1. i too was a dr pepper addict! when i started losing my weight it was b/c i kicked the dr p to the curb too. i do crave it once in awhile and will try a drink but it is so syrupy that i can't stand it. i think it's the carbonation that i crave. so i will take a drink here and there of my fams soda pop and it will curb my craving.

    ReplyDelete