5.07.2009

All work and no play. . .

. . .make our 3 sons dull boys!

I must say that the past week we have been slammed with so many things to do. Every morning I devise a 10 to 12 point bulleted list that needs to be done by the time I lay my head down on the pillow at night.

Our back yard is a virtual construction site. We have had lumber delivered, 5 yards of sand delivered, 1 ton of gravel delivered, 1520 paving stones delivered, concrete delivered. . .yada, yada, yada!

Most of my daily happenings revolve around organizing the construction, and preparing for the annual family camping trip that is 14 days away!

Every morning, Nolan and I drop the boys off at school at 8:15am and then commence to knocking things off our list. Poor Nolan hasn't had much time to be a little boy. He has spent all of his mommy play time being "mommy's little helper".

Since it was raining tonight and we couldn't do any work in the backyard, we decided to take the boys to the hobby store to look at a little mini remote control helicopter they have been wanting and then out for ice cream. We gave them the choice between Cold Stone Creamery or Wendy's (for frostys). Thankfully for my pocket-book. . .they chose Wendy's!!!



Here is "Mommy's Little Helper" enjoying a well deserved treat!
Now, the boys are in bed, I am snuggled up in the chair in my bathrobe, and the season finale of Hell's Kitchen has just started. . .
Pretty soon I will fall asleep, only to wake up at 5:30 am to revise my list and do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment