2.19.2009

I get by with a little help from my friends. . .

Score, now you have the theme song from The Wonder Years swirling around in your head don't you? As do I my friends. . .as do I.

Anyway, I was able to escape from my life as a mother and wife for a little while and have a night out with some old friends of mine from high school. Thank you Facebook!!!! A couple of them I haven't seen in literally 16 years. Boy oh boy does time ever fly. I guess that means that I'm having fun right? As a matter of fact if I had my life to do all over again. . .I wouldn't change a single thing!

Just a couple quick snapshots:


Wow. . .my friend Maria is now a dentist. . .can you say hello new patient!!!!





Tonia and I used to spend summers together in the neighborhood!





Tonia & Jennifer
Jennifer and I share the same love for healthy living and the vegatarian lifestyle!

Speaking of Vegatrian lifestlyes. . .I had the best vegatarian pasta dish. . .Gypsy Cappellini:
The perfect medley of mushrooms, asparagus, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes in a light marinara sauce, served on a generous portion of pasta. Yum! I had a ton of leftovers so I got to indulge for lunch the next day too! The only problem. . .garlic breath!

Anne is my friend that just had the new baby! It was nice for her to get a little time away while Daddy was at home taking care of the little sprout!!!
After dinner we all headed to Wal-Mart to pick up things like diapers, coffee, cleaning supplies, etc. You can't escape being a grown-up for long!

Thanks girls for showing me a fun and relaxing night out. . .I can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. yay for great friends! i had a great girls night out last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a great night, and the pasta looks yummy!! gotta love facebook:)

    ReplyDelete